I'd love your help to reach best-seller status!
Mark your calendar for December 8 and visit www.BeeBADASSandBrilliant.com
to purchase the kindle version for only $1.99 just in time for the holidays!
What's this blog series all about? Let me satiate your curiosity :) I decided as part of my book launch campaign to feature 28 holistic souls - 1 every day leading up to my 28th birthday on December 8th, which is also the official Amazon.com launch date.
My heart is so happy to feature the beautiful Tonya Holcomb today in the Bee BADASS and Brilliant Blog Series. Tonya and I had been running around in the same holistic circles for the past few years but didn't have the opportunity to connect in person until I attended a West Michigan Nourishing Ways Chapter event fall of 2015. We FINALLY were able to grab coffee and boy did we have a lot in common and a bunch to talk about! As a Holistic Health Coach, Tonya is one amazing lady and let me tell you why! A wife and mother, Reiki Master and currently a Naturopathic Doctorate student, Tonya hosts educational and inspiring events regularly throughout West Michigan and let me just sayyyyy her branding is AMAZING.
I am super excited to team up with her December 29 in Rockford, Michigan for a fun and fabulous night called: Mama's Night to Manifest & Set Intentions for the New Year, click here to RSVP and purchase your ticket. We'll be creating our vision boards for 2017 and getting clear on what it is we want to accomplish through our lives and businesses. Come join us for a refreshing evening for the mind, body and soul. Tonya, thank you so much for taking time out of your busy schedule to share your wisdom with us today, extremely thankful our paths crossed <3 Please take some time to visit her beautiful website, here.
1. Nicole's definition of BADASS and Brilliant encompass: passion and thinking for yourself. First, what is your passion? Second, can you share one example of how your passion has guided you to think for yourself?
1) I’m so incredibly passionate about prevention. REAL prevention that starts with REAL self-love, REAL food (and water) and REAL healing. My personal health wake up call, over a decade ago, has led me on a journey to learn how best to nourish my mind, body and soul… I truly believe that we all innately know what good health looks and feels like, and while this blueprint of vibrant health is and should be a personal journey, it starts with believing that you are worthy of feeling your best. That you are worthy of perfect health. And worthy of epic change. This is my wish for those I serve. Waking up and feeling alive is possible. My personal transformation story is my daily proof.
2) My passion is the very reason I’ve ventured on this mission to seek truth as it relates real health. I made the decision that I wanted more for my life and my passion gave me trust that the “more” was possible. Once upon a time, I looked to others constantly to drive my path to tell me what was best for me. Now, I tune into myself… to my soul, my guiding force. In all honesty, it’s been my journey to self-love that has been most impactful in the way that I think for myself. I have moved from a state of powerlessness to empowered. I’m a firm believe that when we simply begin to reflect inward to our innermost source of truth and wisdom, pure magic will start to unfold in all aspects of life.
2. Nicole choose to highlight the dwindling honeybee population and its affects on the aspect of global agriculture and human existence. No bees, no food. No food, well? You get the picture. What's one holistic cause you would like to bring more awareness to?
I can so vividly remember in high school being asked to present on a cause that I was passionate about, and while I “felt” for many causes I didn’t have the guts then to stand up and own one. Oh, how things have changed… Today, I’m an activist and advocate for many causes that fight for truth and health.
This is tough to choose just one, but I suppose it makes sense to start with the very basics of real health. Clean water. About two-thirds of your body is made up of water - your cells, organs, muscles and even your brain are about 70% water. The sad truth is, tap water is not a safe and healthy source of water. It’s loaded with a large number of toxic ingredients that may contribute to health problems.
For instance, many of those with city water are drinking and bathing in fluoride. This is a toxic substance (NOT a nutrient) and is contributing to a variety of health problems including increased lead absorption, lowered IQ in children, gastroenterological problems, impaired glucose intolerance, damaged sperm and increased infertility, and the list goes on and on.
One of the first conversations I have with my clients is making sure they are getting access to clean, filtered water - specifically making sure that fluoride is being removed from their water (where applicable).
Water fluoridation is a form of mass medication that denies you the right to informed consent. 97% of Western Europe has rejected water fluoridation… We desperately need our country to catch up with the TRUTH about fluoride. The Fluoride Action Network (fluoridealert.org) are working so hard to get fluoride out of the American water supply, but could use our help. Get informed, join the movement, donate if you can and please make sure you and your family have access to clean, filtered water. It is a critical step in prevention and feeling your absolute best.
3. Nicole suggests in order to create success on your terms, one must develop two fundamental skill-sets: inner peace and confidence. What technique or practice do you recommend to develop inner peace? Lastly, what's your definition of confidence?
1) Practicing gratitude daily is my secret to inner peace. In fact, I’m obsessed with practicing gratitude. From making a gratitude list in the morning, to sprinkling "magic" gratitude dust on my food, to saying "I'm so grateful for this experience" out loud during more difficult moments, to reflecting on the day's events before bed and picking one moment that I’m most grateful for… It’s clear that openly expressing gratitude is a lifestyle. And, when "obsessed", it can absolutely create a powerful shift in one's life and bring forth a deep sense of inner peace.
2) My definition of confidence is self-love. For years, I beat myself up that I wasn’t smart enough, pretty enough, strong enough or good enough. And now, I’m grounded in truth that I am enough. My worth - your worth - is innate. You can’t earn it with accomplishments and you can lose it when you think you haven’t done enough. When you remove the negative chatter and affirm that you are indeed enough - just as you are - and worthy of all of your dreams, you’ll shift to true self-acceptance where your confidence shines, effortlessly!
So grateful to feature 28 other BADASS and Brilliant souls!
If you'd like to read more inspiring stories, visit: www.BeeBADASSAndBrilliant.com Bee the first 100 to pre-order my new book between November 11 to December 7 and receive an autographed bookmark along with your copy! Pre-order shipping will take place on the official Amazon.com launch date, December 8. Local book signings, radio and podcast interview schedule can be found at the website link above.