I'd love your help to reach best-seller status!
Mark your calendar for December 8 and visit www.BeeBADASSandBrilliant.com
to purchase the kindle version for only $1.99 just in time for the holidays!
What's this blog series all about? Let me satiate your curiosity :) I decided as part of my book launch campaign to feature 28 holistic souls - 1 every day leading up to my 28th birthday on December 8th, which is also the official Amazon.com launch date.
Oh it's such a magical story how Michelle and I connected. I truly believe the day and age we live in is unreal. Michelle and I were acquainted through a mutual friend online. The first time we Skyped, we spent over two hours talking, relating over similar experiences and life obstacles we'd worked through and overcome.
Michelle is an incredibly and extraordinary author. She has published several books and an earth angel series that encompasses twin flames and soulmate connections. God always has a way of aligning paths at just the right time. This past June, Michelle traveled from the UK through Hollywood, California for her first US book tour. It just happened to be the same day I was visiting.
The stars literally aligned as we connected with such ease walking across the Hollywood Boulevard stars. We hugged and continued talking like we'd known each other our whole lives. Michelle, thank you for all your help and support in this book launch, you were a huge encouragement behind the scenes. Please take a moment to check out her work and books at: www.MichelleGordon.co.uk
1. Nicole's definition of BADASS and Brilliant encompass: passion and thinking for yourself. First, what is your passion? Second, can you share one example of how your passion has guided you to think for yourself?
1) My passion is creating worlds with my words. I have wanted to be a published author since I was a child, and nothing else fits quite like it. When I was younger, the traditional publishing model and the 'vanity' publishing model were all that existed, and I didn't feel that either of them would work for me. When publishing changed, the Kindle was invented and POD publishing became a reality, I realized I could publish books independently, and do things the way I wanted. I have experimented with lots of different ways to market my books, and have had a lot more freedom on my journey, than I would have had through a traditional publisher.
2) Being independent means I didn't have an agent or publisher to think for me, or guide me through the maze, I have had to work it all out for myself. But I wouldn't change my journey for anything, as I now enjoy helping other Indies on the same path.
2. Nicole chose to highlight the dwindling honeybee population and its affects on the aspect of global agriculture. No bees, no food. No food, well? You get the picture. What's one holistic cause you would like to bring more awareness to?
That what we are all searching for externally, in things, other people, experiences, already exists inside us. We don't need to seek external validation, happiness, joy etc., we can find everything we need if we learn to love and accept ourselves, and to look inside our souls. If we were to do this, I believe there would be a decline in the consumer culture that is destroying our planet. We would have need for less stuff, and more stillness
3. Nicole suggests in order to create success on your terms, one must develop two fundamental skill-sets: inner peace and confidence. What technique or practice do you recommend to develop inner peace? Lastly, what's your definition of confidence?
1) In my experience, the cause of stress is simply the resistance to what is. Resistance to your current reality. If you can accept your current situation, what's happening, where you are, and what you are currently experiencing, stress will dissolve, and it will be easier to think of solutions if you need them. For me, the way to develop inner peace is to accept everything exactly as it is. By fully accepting it, you can then make calm decisions on how to move forward or change it.
2) True confidence is what you have when you love yourself completely. When you love your body, when you love your daily life, when you love what you do for a living, when you are happy with your decisions. True confidence arises naturally from a state of self-love and joy.
So grateful to feature 28 other BADASS and Brilliant souls!
If you'd like to read more inspiring stories, visit: www.BeeBADASSAndBrilliant.com Bee the first 100 to pre-order my new book between November 11 to December 7 and receive an autographed bookmark along with your copy! Pre-order shipping will take place on the official Amazon.com launch date, December 8. Local book signings, radio and podcast interview schedule can be found at the website link above.