I'd love your help to reach best-seller status!
Mark your calendar for December 8 and visit www.BeeBADASSandBrilliant.com
to purchase the kindle version for only $1.99 just in time for the holidays!
What's this blog series all about? Let me satiate your curiosity :) I decided as part of my book launch campaign to feature 28 holistic souls - 1 every day leading up to my 28th birthday on December 8th, which is also the official Amazon.com launch date.
Happy day! Featuring the wonderful Linda Otterbridge today! Linda is the founder of an incredible entrepreneurial organization in West Michigan for women called, HASU (Hook A SistaUp!) Linda and I connected a few years ago through mutual friends and I was immediately impressed by Linda's vision and mission to help and support other women.
HASU's model is "from competition to collaboration" and if there's one thing I'm passionate about, it would be that. Just like the bees, highlighted in my book, we can all work together as a collective to accomplish not only our own individual success, but success as a whole. Linda, thank you so much for your passion and drive to help others succeed. Thank you for being an advocate for women in business and for the tremendous events you put together, such as the recent Women Who Write, Authors Showcase. I look forward to collaborating with you and others through HASU in 2017 and beyond.
1. Nicole's definition of BADASS and Brilliant encompass: passion and thinking for yourself. First, what is your passion? Second, can you share one example of how your passion has guided you to think for yourself?
1) When it comes to my passion I think of what fuels my energy and makes me come alive. What fuels me is walking with women during and through their journey of entrepreneurship. I absolutely love being a part of the entrepreneurship idea phase and then being able to witness the “light bulb” and “Aha” moments when women move their business to the next level.
I love watching the trajectory the business takes and the lives of the women who decide to take the entrepreneurship journey. And this fuels my passion to want to do more and help other women begin to live out their dreams of entrepreneurship. You can always appreciate the finished product when you are able to witness the mere beginnings.
2) There are so many examples of how my passion has guided me to think for myself, however since I have to narrow it down I would say by helping and guiding others to live out their dreams of entrepreneurship I have to be a free thinker and to think for myself. As an entrepreneur myself my passion is helping women succeed and reach their dreams through entrepreneurship, which is really code for freedom and freedom is really code for thinking for yourselfand guiding your own direction.
There are triple advantages to my passion and why I do what I do. I enjoy the freedom of thought, the freedom to choose and the freedom that entrepreneurship brings. So, as I go through life each day helping others on their mission I also get an opportunity to make some decisions on my own on how I want to see my professional and personal life take shape.
2. Nicole choose to highlight the dwindling honeybee population and its affects on the aspect of global agriculture and human existence. No bees, no food. No food, well? You get the picture. What's one holistic cause you would like to bring more awareness to?
I would like to bring more awareness to how we think/react to situations and how it affects the way we live, interact with others and our overall health and happiness. I truly believe the way we take in information and funnel it through our life lenses effect how we think and react to situations.
Emotional Intelligence teaches us that we are responsible for how we react to situations by first understanding ourselves and what things are triggers for us, so when they rear their ugly heads we are equipped to deal with them and not let these triggers affect us.
So if one have not achieved this level of understanding as it relates to their thinkingand how it affects the way they react, interact with others and their overall health they will continue to allow information and events to reek havoc on their thinking and overall health and happiness.
And this can eventually lead to them being in a contemplative state of unrest and unhappiness. So, I say don’t allow your negative thinking to take your happiness hostage and “Change your thinking - Change your life.”
3. Nicole suggests in order to create success on your terms, one must develop two fundamental skill-sets: inner peace and confidence. What technique or practice do you recommend to develop inner peace? Lastly, what's your definition of confidence?
1) For me inner peace starts with my manta “today is going to be a good day.” This tells the universe to make a path for me as I am destined to have a good day. So I feel good and I expect to have a good. And our course deep breathing exercise in the morning always helps.
2) My definition of confidence is having the ability being okay with my decisions and trusting my abilities.
So grateful to feature 28 other BADASS and Brilliant souls!
If you'd like to read more inspiring stories, visit: www.BeeBADASSAndBrilliant.com Bee the first 100 to pre-order my new book between November 11 to December 7 and receive an autographed bookmark along with your copy! Pre-order shipping will take place on the official Amazon.com launch date, December 8. Local book signings, radio and podcast interview schedule can be found at the website link above.