I'd love your help to reach best-seller status!
Mark your calendar for December 8 and visit www.BeeBADASSandBrilliant.com
to purchase the kindle version for only $1.99 just in time for the holidays!
What's this blog series all about? Let me satiate your curiosity :) I decided as part of my book launch campaign to feature 28 holistic souls - 1 every day leading up to my 28th birthday on December 8th, which is also the official Amazon.com launch date.
I am beyond excited to kick off the blog series featuring non-other than my BADASS and Brilliant husband, Ken Zaagman. Ken and I go waaayyy back. We met just prior to our 16th birthdays at the local, youth 4-H fair. We've been together for twelve years and married for six.
There are many reasons I featured Ken, but mostly because: without him this book wouldn't exist. He's been my tireless companion and cheerleader. Our entire relationship, he's always encouraged me to pursue my dreams. He's supported me in so many ways, but I most appreciate, from an emotional standpoint. Always providing advice when I find myself in difficult situations and a voice of reason when I feel like I am going to pull my hair out or want to throw in the towel.
Ken, today I honor you and enthusiastically share your wisdom, advice and love with those on the interwebs. Ken has a heart for biking and weekly, provides a space for individuals and families to ride BMX and mountain bike trails. He is also an incredibly skilled craftsman. Read about his creative talents as a licensed builder at: www.ZaagmanHomeRemodeling.com
1. Nicole's definition of BADASS and Brilliant encompass: passion and thinking for yourself. First, what is your passion? Second, can you share one example of how your passion has guided you to think for yourself?
1) My passion is: never letting "no" be an answer and making the seemingly "impossible" happen. This skill-set has served me well over my life and propelled me to tackle more complex projects in my biking and remodeling career. You want to be good at something? You have to continually go outside of your comfort zone. Every time you go outside of what's familiar you make your "comfort circle" larger. Instead of saying "no" to a challenge, I say "yes" and on the way, figure out how to accomplish it.
2) I've got so many remodeling examples - but using my passion to think for myself has allowed me to add every bit of learning progressively from each job and carry what I've learned on to much larger projects for customers. When you run your own business, you have to think for yourself. You are the one making all the decisions that impact your bottom line. I've had my share of projects didn't pan out as expected, but leaning into the challenge and learning from every job experience has helped me grow my business year after year.
2. Nicole chose to highlight the dwindling honeybee population and its affects on the aspect of global agriculture. No bees, no food. No food, well? You get the picture. What's one holistic cause you would like to bring more awareness to?
Nicole and I have supported an organization called Sow Hope and have been really impressed by the work they are doing. They are one of the only global organizations focusing exclusively on the holistic needs of women living in extreme poverty. They help women and their families become self sufficient and start their own businesses going where the women are and helping them where they are at, using programs based on their culture, not ours.
3. Nicole suggests in order to create success on your terms, one must develop two fundamental skill-sets: inner peace and confidence. What technique or practice do you recommend to develop inner peace? Lastly, what's your definition of confidence?
1) One practice I'd recommend to develop inner peace is: be quick to forgive, regardless of who is at fault. I'd also practice filling your mind with positive thoughts and prayer throughout the day. Being thankful for even the smallest things, like food to eat, eyesight and your fingers.
2) My definition of confidence would be: boldly stating the truth even when you're unsure of the correct answer. For example, I'd prefer to say "I don't know, but I'll find out" instead of giving an answer that might be incorrect or steer a friend or customer in the wrong direction.
So grateful to feature 28 other BADASS and Brilliant souls!
If you'd like to read more inspiring stories, visit: www.BeeBADASSAndBrilliant.com Bee the first 100 to pre-order my new book between November 11 to December 7 and receive an autographed bookmark along with your copy! Pre-order shipping will take place on the official Amazon.com launch date, December 8. Local book signings, radio and podcast interview schedule can be found at the website link above.