I'd love your help to reach best-seller status!
Mark your calendar for December 8 and visit www.BeeBADASSandBrilliant.com
to purchase the kindle version for only $1.99 just in time for the holidays!
What's this blog series all about? Let me satiate your curiosity :) I decided as part of my book launch campaign to feature 28 holistic souls - 1 every day leading up to my 28th birthday on December 8th, which is also the official Amazon.com launch date.
Kellllyyyy! Super excited to feature you today to wrap up two weeks of incredible features. I am so grateful our paths crossed in 2015 just before the first LUX CHIX Conference. I just love being connected with such passionate, on fire and dedicated souls who know EXACTLY who they are, why they do what they do and who they serve. Kelly is the founder of a local, full-service wellness practice, Grand Rapids Natural Health. She has a passion for helping others achieve their fullest health potential taking into account things well beyond just physical symptoms.
I am also so grateful I've been able to partner with Kelly and her team to help with the branding and marketing for the 2017 InspiredLifeGR Conference, a two day, health and wellness event dedicated to helping participants discover what true whole-ness means. If you are passionate about holistic health and healing, please take some time to visit the conference website at: www.InspiredLifeGR.com - LUX CHIX is thrilled to be a panel sponsor again this year and I personally look forward to facilitating both panel discussions. Thank you Kelly for taking the time to share your insight with us, you my friend are WISE beyond your years. Grateful to you and look forward to more collaboration in the future.
1. Nicole's definition of BADASS and Brilliant encompass: passion and thinking for yourself. First, what is your passion? Second, can you share one example of how your passion has guided you to think for yourself?
1) I grew up in a household that introduced me to how good the body can function when given the proper nutrients and love it needs to do so. Through the incredible inspiration and passion of my mother, Madelon Hassberger, I was introduced to holistic, whole person healing and pursued my career in Naturopathic Medicine. Since my passion has become one of spreading the message of health and wellness within the Grand Rapids community and beyond. Through my office at Grand Rapids Natural Health, I have worked to develop a PASSIONATE and INSPIRATIONAL team who work daily to teach our community how to gain optimal wellness.
2) I have also found passion in spreading the message to larger groups through my annual conference, InspiredLifeGR. I believe that whole health is not just about a lack of symptoms but about feeding all parts of one’s soul, from the foods they eat, to the way they care for themselves, the community around them, spiritual beliefs, etc. etc. This is a message that constantly challenges me to think for myself. In today’s health care system, true health is often not the focus. Teaching the community around me that they personally have the power to transform their health takes creative thinking and also takes getting to know myself so I can help others do the same. I am in a small portion of the health care system that is not widely accepted and thinking for myself outside of that system is a daily task and challenge.
2. Nicole choose to highlight the dwindling honeybee population and its affects on the aspect of global agriculture and human existence. No bees, no food. No food, well? You get the picture. What's one holistic cause you would like to bring more awareness to?
As above I believe that true wholeness comes from focusing on all aspects of health; mind, body, spirit, community and beyond. Changing the paradigm of thought within medicine from symptom suppression to working with the body’s own inherent ability to heal and supporting that ability takes time and happens on an individual level, which hopefully has a global impact. I know I already feel that change happening today and I feel honored to be a part of it. I am also passionate about changing the paradigm of insurance coverage in medicine, getting more recognition for holistic practitioners and helping those practitioners to survive within the health care system we have created. There are many obstacles to making holistic, whole person health care the norm, but I am passionate about being a part of making that happen.
3. Nicole suggests in order to create success on your terms, one must develop two fundamental skill-sets: inner peace and confidence. What technique or practice do you recommend to develop inner peace? Lastly, what's your definition of confidence?
1) So many people focus on external means to find happiness, the next best job, the next best partners, the next best home, clothes, jewelry, etc. Inner peace is found when we treat ourselves with just as much compassion, love and acceptance as we give to those around us. When we choose to accept ourselves and be compassionate in our flaws and just simply us, we can find inner peace. When that inner peace is found it has a trickle down effect, inspiring others to do the same.
2) Confidence for me is the same, it is being at peace inside yourself and accept yourself so that you can bring an authentic you forward. When talking to clients or others around me about this, I remind them that this takes time and not to make this another task that you feel you have to “perfect” at. Take it one day at a time, spend time with yourself, get to know yourself and be OK with being you, even with your beautiful flaws.
So grateful to feature 28 other BADASS and Brilliant souls!
If you'd like to read more inspiring stories, visit: www.BeeBADASSAndBrilliant.com Bee the first 100 to pre-order my new book between November 11 to December 7 and receive an autographed bookmark along with your copy! Pre-order shipping will take place on the official Amazon.com launch date, December 8. Local book signings, radio and podcast interview schedule can be found at the website link above.