I'd love your help to reach best-seller status!
Mark your calendar for December 8 and visit www.BeeBADASSandBrilliant.com
to purchase the kindle version for only $1.99 just in time for the holidays!
What's this blog series all about? Let me satiate your curiosity :) I decided as part of my book launch campaign to feature 28 holistic souls - 1 every day leading up to my 28th birthday on December 8th, which is also the official Amazon.com launch date.
If there's one thing that excites me it's seeing how far my clients and friends excel in pursuing their passion. Today's feature, Julie Blough is an exceptional candidate! Julie and I began working together a few years ago as she launched her home design business, Julie Kay Design.
What made it even more fun was not only the relation to my husband's family, but more so the friendship that has developed throughout our collaboration together. Julie, it's been an honor to help you bring your brand to life from a creative perspective and to see you step into your passion with both feet, expanding your horizons to new and exciting territory and challenges.
You have a zest for life that is contagious, a giving spirit and a beauty that is WAY more than skin deep. Thank you for taking the time to share your insights with us today in the Bee BADASS and Brilliant blog series. Please take a few moments to connect with Julie at: www.JulieKayDesign.com
1. Nicole's definition of BADASS and Brilliant encompass: passion and thinking for yourself. First, what is your passion? Second, can you share one example of how your passion has guided you to think for yourself?
1) My passions have evolved over my lifetime but always have been of the creative nature along with sharing the love of Jesus. I want to live the life I was created to live. My latest and newfound passion however is… Curated Color! After connecting with Nicole, my business mentor and Maria Killam, true color expert, my soul purpose has become more alive and full of energy along with the excitement to fulfill that purpose. God has given each of us gifts to use and I want to use the gift He has given me to help others experience joy in their own environments by selecting the colors right for them and their loved ones.
2) The desire to help others experience happiness and joy thru color has stretched me beyond where I ever imagined I’d go or do. With the help of Nicole, I’m developing the Harmony Program. It has been totally out of my wheelhouse with all the technology involved but I forge ahead relying on other experts to help me develop it. It’s a program in which entails “Color Connections” and “Color Workshops”. It’s connecting the dots of color undertones and how it affects your well-being.
2. Nicole choose to highlight the dwindling honeybee population and its affects on the aspect of global agriculture and human existence. No bees, no food. No food, well? You get the picture. What's one holistic cause you would like to bring more awareness to?
My desire is to bring color awareness not only to those who live healthy lives but also to those that suffer from dementia, PTSD, SAD. Along with “using what we have”. Thus enabling our environments to be a place of joy and contentment… a safe haven. The dementia aspect especially touches my heart as my mother-in-law suffered with it for over 10 years and after visiting with assisted living facilities administrators I’ve found it to be much-needed resource. I am currently learning more in depth how color relates to those with mentioned ailments. My hope and prayer is that I can make a difference so they may live more joyfully. With my new knowledge I hope to see color thru their eyes.
3. Nicole suggests in order to create success on your terms, one must develop two fundamental skill-sets: inner peace and confidence. What technique or practice do you recommend to develop inner peace? Lastly, what's your definition of confidence?
1) My faith, confidence and trust in Jesus is my mainstay. Without Him I am nothing. He grows sweeter day by day as I journey her on earth. My yearning is to learn the art of navigating my soul purpose that He has put within my very being. May all that I pursue be to the Praise, Honor & Glory of God! COLOR LIFE BEAUTIFUL!
So grateful to feature 28 other BADASS and Brilliant souls!
If you'd like to read more inspiring stories, visit: www.BeeBADASSAndBrilliant.com Bee the first 100 to pre-order my new book between November 11 to December 7 and receive an autographed bookmark along with your copy! Pre-order shipping will take place on the official Amazon.com launch date, December 8. Local book signings, radio and podcast interview schedule can be found at the website link above.