I'd love your help to reach best-seller status!
Mark your calendar for December 8 and visit www.BeeBADASSandBrilliant.com
to purchase the kindle version for only $1.99 just in time for the holidays!
What's this blog series all about? Let me satiate your curiosity :) I decided as part of my book launch campaign to feature 28 holistic souls - 1 every day leading up to my 28th birthday on December 8th, which is also the official Amazon.com launch date.
Talk about Bee-ing BADASS and Brilliant, featuring Candy Barone today! Candy and I connected summer of 2015 while we both attended the Public Speakers Association annual conference in San Antonio, Texas. I was immediately impressed not only by Candy's expertise and presentation, but her genuine and authentic spirit. I was so thrilled when she drove all the way from Texas to make it to the first LUX CHIX Conference a few months after we met.
We recently had the opportunity to reconnect at the Evolutionary Business Council's Detroit hosted retreat in August and it was a soul family reunion of MASS proportions. Candy, I am so honored to know you and I truly learn so much every time I hear you speak. You are a master of your craft and have the truest heart of gold. Your passion is infectious and your mission to empower leaders across the world is inspiring. So grateful we are friends and look forward to "keeping tabs" and celebrating all of your wins and accomplishments in 2017. Please visit her website: www.CandyBaroneInternational.com
1. Nicole's definition of BADASS and Brilliant encompass: passion and thinking for yourself. First, what is your passion? Second, can you share one example of how your passion has guided you to think for yourself?
1) My passion and deepest desire, is to stop the cycle of fear that continues to be handed down as a generational legacy. For me, that starts with feeding the soul business, growing leaders who lead from love, with love. I am disrupting the paradigm around what it means to be a leader in today’s global environment, within our local communities and at home. I guide you on how to truly say YES to yourself, destroy the NOISE getting in your way and serve with more purpose, passion and intention. And, it’s starts with recognizing that leadership is a choice!
2) Passion is and always has been my compass. Leaving corporate almost 4 years ago was a shining example of me stepping into my passion. Because for one to stand in passion, one also must be courageous. Had I not fully embraced my passion to make a bigger difference, to effectively “change the world” (often being my response when asked “what do you want to be when you grow up?” when I was child … I would always say, “it doesn’t matter, I am going to change the world!”), I wouldn’t be creating the level of inspiration, impact and influence I get to show and serve in this world. I am so blessed with what keeps showing up in my life and the people I get to meet, interact with, and affect. It’s a gift to do this work, and my passion is needed to propel me forward, especially on the days where it gets tough. I love what I do, but it is not always easy work. So, my passion becomes the fuel when the tank gets a little low. My passion is my gut check, my intuition, my truth.
2. Nicole choose to highlight the dwindling honeybee population and its affects on the aspect of global agriculture and human existence. No bees, no food. No food, well? You get the picture. What's one holistic cause you would like to bring more awareness to?
The cause I would like to bring more awareness to is around mental illness. I watched my mom struggle mightily with clinical, often borderline maniac, depression my entire life. It’s a subject that gets pushed under the rug and not discussed openly. There is a great deal of shame attached to the perception of depression, and people truly lack an understanding and empathy. I would like to see more education, better tools and strategies that are not pharmaceutically enhanced, but of more natural and holistic healing principles. I also would like to see more connection being made between fear, depression, shame, vulnerability, etc. — as I believe the world is deeply hurting and we have an incredible opportunity to start global healing effort. It starts with having courageous, connected conversations.
3. Nicole suggests in order to create success on your terms, one must develop two fundamental skill-sets: inner peace and confidence. What technique or practice do you recommend to develop inner peace? Lastly, what's your definition of confidence?
1) Inner peace — I am very deliberate about how I begin and end my days. I start my mornings with a long, spiritually connected walk in nature with my dog. I speak to God, give gratitude for all the blessings in my life, and then often times listen to an inspirational podcast or just listen to the music of Mother Earth. In addition, I carve out time at night to read, most inspirational and motivational books around mindfulness, vulnerability, spirituality, of other venues for self improvement and greater awareness. I listen to a Calm app that has the most beautiful piano music and, often times, have a cup of tea to get myself centered before bed. My inner peace greatly stems from my connection to music, nature, the moon, water, and my dog, Payton. The other space I draw from to feed my inner peace is from deep connections with others. I love rich, juicy conversations that feed my soul.
2) Confidence — for me, confidence is knowing who you are, owning that space (even knowing that you are evolving in every moment), and standing in your authenticity with grace, integrity and heart. You know your truth and are willing to use courage to push against fear. You demonstrate the power of possibility, dare to risk being judged, and walk due north with a clear compass in your soul. It’s one of the most beautiful qualities someone can exude and shine to others. It’s belief and faith that you are worthy, you are loved, and you are beautiful!!
So grateful to feature 28 other BADASS and Brilliant souls!
If you'd like to read more inspiring stories, visit: www.BeeBADASSAndBrilliant.com Bee the first 100 to pre-order my new book between November 11 to December 7 and receive an autographed bookmark along with your copy! Pre-order shipping will take place on the official Amazon.com launch date, December 8. Local book signings, radio and podcast interview schedule can be found at the website link above.