I'd love your help to reach best-seller status!
Mark your calendar for December 8 and visit www.BeeBADASSandBrilliant.com
to purchase the kindle version for only $1.99 just in time for the holidays!
What's this blog series all about? Let me satiate your curiosity :) I decided as part of my book launch campaign to feature 28 holistic souls - 1 every day leading up to my 28th birthday on December 8th, which is also the official Amazon.com launch date.
I am so pleased to introduce you to my dear friend and mentor, Angel Quintana. Angel and I connected quite mysteriously via email in 2012 when I was going through my health crisis. The timing could not have been more perfect as I was in desperate need of someone who could help me get better. At the time, Angel was doing holistic health coaching and I enrolled in several nutritional programs to help get my body back on track. With her incredible guidance and expertise, my health started to return. The first time I connected with Angel, I felt like we were long lost sisters from across the world. She understood my pain and helped me believe in myself again.
She was the reason I attended the first professional development conference in 2013 as she was a VIP panelist at the event and I happily attended at her invite. As her business evolved towards business coaching I enthusiastically went through her Signature System® Program, attended the Italic retreat she hosted in Palm Springs and was a featured cover model of her magazine, Holistic Fashionista in 2014. Angel is a multi-talented, STUNNING and caring soul who has defined her passion and continues to impress me with her business savvy and ability to fearlessly encourage others to Bee BADASS and Brilliant. Angel, thank you for being a part of this series, from my heart to yours, thank you - without you in my life, I wouldn't have the confidence to pursue HALF the things I have. XO Check her work out at: www.HolisticFashionista.com
1. Nicole's definition of BADASS and Brilliant encompass: passion and thinking for yourself. First, what is your passion? Second, can you share one example of how your passion has guided you to think for yourself?
1) My passion is helping Lightworkers structure their higher calling to reach a global audience using the Internet so they may continue to spread healing, love, and light into the world and make a living doing so. From the day I started Holistic Fashionista, I have made it my mission is to help others think for themselves, find their higher calling, and make it their life's work. I do this through Signature System®, a step by step roadmap that unlocks what problem you were brought to this planet to help solve.
2) Every day we are bombarded by hundreds, if not thousands of marketing messages that shove a beliefs system down our throats. From weight loss and detox trends to finding a mate to religion, we are taught on some level (mostly subconscious) to live our lives based on someone else's philosophy. The best way I know how to share my passion and to help others think for themselves is to be a teacher without judgment. Education is the product that doesn't have a shelf life. My goal is to Inspire others to want to learn, that's how I believe the world with change itself.
2. Nicole choose to highlight the dwindling honeybee population and its affects on the aspect of global agriculture and human existence. No bees, no food. No food, well? You get the picture. What's one holistic cause you would like to bring more awareness to?
I am an herbalist at heart. Recently, I launched a collection of herbal remedies, holistic skincare, all natural haircare, and self-care rituals to bring awareness to the power of chemical-free plant healing. I am proud to be a part of the herbal movement that is slowly making it's way to the mass market. The healing power of plants is like no other remedy on Earth because it heals from the root. It doesn't just treat the surface or mask the problem with the hopes that it will dissipate like many of the quick-fix prescriptions and products on the market today. It takes into consideration the spiritual energetics of a plant that correspond with the symptoms and emotional state of the person. It also relies on the emotional, mental, and physiological state of the person to provide a truly holistic, lasting solution for the individual. I'm going to do my best to educate my consumers just how potent and powerful herbs can be for all types of healing, from liver detoxification to skin beauty!
3. Nicole suggests in order to create success on your terms, one must develop two fundamental skill-sets: inner peace and confidence. What technique or practice do you recommend to develop inner peace? Lastly, what's your definition of confidence?
1) Inner peace to me is a maturity in your spirituality. All of us are human and have our bad days, that's inevitable, yet these are the very moments when we must practice inner peace. Letting go can be one of the most difficult things we can do as humans because argumentatively, we want life to be fair and it's not. We want life to be easy, but it's not always a cup of tea. I'm not a big fan of the word meditation because it makes me think of a person sitting on their patio with their legs crossed, sitting on a towel with their eyes closed, wrists resting on their knees in silence. While, this may sound like an incredibly serene moment for some, I personally think it sounds boring! I find inner peace with my own form of meditation, one I don't call meditation because I don't resonate with that word and because I prefer to lay down in my comfy bed with crisp white linens! I grab my iphone, put on mind, body, healing music, stick my earbuds in, crawl into my comfy bed, get under the covers, lay my head down and drift off into the ethers! I can literally do this for an hour without my back hurting from sitting cross-legged! People are always shocked to learn that I "meditate" for an hour, but it's not really meditation to be it's some of the best rejuvenation I get and it takes all the anxiety away. Inner peace at its finest!
2) As for confidence, this one is tricky because a lot of my clients struggle with this, but it's not my specialty. The best definition I can give is that confidence is a learned trait. It requires thinking for yourself, being okay in your own skin, and not giving a shit what others think about what you do or say! The majority of the population could really use some help in this department seeing that most (so-called) confidence is ego-based, meaning most people are just trying to look cool or sound smart, which gives them a glimmer of what confidence might feel like. Although, that's not what it is at all! Confidence is ego-less and full of love! It empowers others to propel forward. If only we had more people thinking for themselves in our society, they'd realize confidence is learned from hardship and when you walk around being a know-it-all, you haven't really learned from your own hardships. Once you have learned from your hardships, confidence begins to brew and what happens next can never be taken from you: inner peace and self worth! And what a powerful duo!
So grateful to feature 28 other BADASS and Brilliant souls!
If you'd like to read more inspiring stories, visit: www.BeeBADASSAndBrilliant.com Bee the first 100 to pre-order my new book between November 11 to December 7 and receive an autographed bookmark along with your copy! Pre-order shipping will take place on the official Amazon.com launch date, December 8. Local book signings, radio and podcast interview schedule can be found at the website link above.